Sunday, July 18, 2010


A trip I will never forget! A 10 mile hike in to Havasupai falls with my two oldest sons Benson and Luke. We enjoyed quite an adventure of cliff jumping, swimming, and cave exploring. A fond memory, I will always cherish. After the 10 mile hike out with our large packs, we arrived at the parking lot at 3:00 am. The hike was much longer and more strenuous than we anticipated. I felt utter exhaustion and could barely put one foot in front of the other. As we reached our destination Luke and I sat on a guard rail, overlooking the vast canyon we had just hiked up through the middle of the night. We put our arms around each other and let the tears of fatigue and accomplishment roll down our cheeks - a moment in time I will always hold dear to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment